Terms & Conditions
1. The closing date for applications set out on this website is final. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
2. Dare to be Digital (the Competition) is open to undergraduate or postgraduate students studying at Universities or Art Colleges.
3. Entry for teams must not exceed the size number of 8.
4. Teams with members graduating in 2015 are eligible to apply.
5. Entered game must not have started development before June 2015.
6. No applicant should have had any extensive (more than 1 year full time) work experience in a development role in the games industry as a graduate or study break. Part time relevant work, internships or placements undertaken during consecutive years of study are permitted. Please refer to the Dare team if you are unsure.
7. Applicants who have previously taken part in the Competition are not permitted to apply. This includes applicants who were successful in securing a place in the Competition but who later withdrew from the Competition either prior to its commencement or after the Competition had started.
8. Applicants who have previously applied to the Competition can re-apply. This includes applicants who were successful in getting to the interview stage but who were then not selected to take part in the Competition.
9. A judging panel involving industry and funding representatives will determine which teams will be selected to take part in the Competition. The judges’ decision is final and not open to negotiation. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. All works and ideas submitted must be original and not infringe any copyright. On the application form, it's required from your University referees to endorse that the work that you are entering is your own work and the team size does not exceed 8 people.
11. All team members who join the competition must have share of the IP of their submitted game. Games developed by members other than the team members are not allowed.
12. All successful candidates have to make their own travel arrangement to arrive Abertay University, Dundee, where accommodation will be provided between 18th July to 9th August.
13. At least 1 representative of the selected game has to attend Dare ProtoPlay during the entire event, ie 4-7 August, 2016.
14. All teams must arrange to have their own equipment to showcase their game at Dare ProtoPlay.
The above terms are subject to change.
Last updated 20 January 2016
18 January 2016
8 April 2015
23 March 2015